Choose one of the songs below!
If you don’t have your music at home, click on the MUSIC link beside your chosen song and you should be able to bring up a PDF file you can use.
Set a timer so you can see how much time you spend on this assignment – do not spend more than 45 minutes on it (unless you want to count it as practice time, of course)
Click on your part name beside the song title (SOPRANO, ALTO, TENOR, MEN) and follow the steps below CAREFULLY
1) listen to the song all the way through and watch the music and words
2) listen to it again, this time mouthing the words (DON’T MAKE A SOUND!)
3) listen to it again, humming along (mouth closed, no words)
4) listen to it again, singing along softly
5) without the recording, sing your part, and notice if there are any parts of the song that seem hard to sing – yes you can look at the music while you do this
6) listen to the recording (SILENTLY) and pay attention to those harder parts
7) listen to the recording and sing along softly
8) do number 5 again and decide if you have any parts to review (if you don’t, go on to #9….if you do need to review, do #6 and #7 and #8 again until you are sure you know the whole song
#9) play the FULL MIX recording and sing your part – if it goes well, you are DONE, if it doesn’t go well, go back to #5 and review what you need to, using the part recording.
Now, check the time – if you have spent 30-45 minutes on this, email me at email@example.com with your name, number of minutes, part name and the name of the song, and go do something fun, because you are done the assignment. If you still have time left, choose a second (or third!) song and work on the steps until you have put in the time.
Thanks! See you Wednesday at 7 am for our regular rehearsal